Virginia Catholic Youth Day
Time & Location
About the Event
Known as an ongoing tradition in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, the Catholic youth of our Diocese gather at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to join in community and fellowship. The day includes admission to the park all day long, Sunday Vigil Mass, and dinner as a Diocese
- All ticket purchases will be made online through our online registration system.
- All tickets will be picked up onsite on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at Busch Gardens at the tram drop off location.
- All individuals who purchase tickets for the all-you-can-eat dinner will have a wrist band. The wrist band will get individuals into the all-you-can eat dinner.
- Howl-O-Scream begins around 6:00 pm and may not be suitable for children under the age of 13.
- The all-you-can eat dinner includes Pulled Pork BBQ, Chicken Fajita Wraps, Mixed Green Salad, Macaroni & Cheese, Dessert, Soft Drinks. There are vegetarian and gluten-free options available for those who request it in advance.
- Any individual can enter the park without purchasing tickets through the Diocese. In addition, the Sunday Vigil Mass does NOT require ticketing or a cost.
- There is a $5 late fee per ticket purchased after Monday, September 23, 2019 at 11:59pm. We will not take purchases over the phone or email; they must be processed using the online system.
- There are no refunds for cancellations.
- There is no fee for substitutions.
- All-inclusive ($65 per individual): Includes admission to the park (including Howl-O-Scream), Sunday Vigil Mass, and All-You-Can Eat Dinner Buffet
- Single-Day Admission Ticket ($57 per individual): Includes admission to the park (including Howl-O-Scream) and Sunday Vigil Mass
- All-You Can Eat Dinner Buffet ONLY ($13 per individual): Includes Sunday Vigil Mass, and All-You-Can Eat Dinner Buffet
All registrations must be done by parish and will be done online. Registration opens in September 2019.
In order to register, you will need to know the parish name, parish youth contact, on-site coordinator, on-site coordinator contact information, number of tickets for each option. We do not need to collect individual names during registration or on-site.
All payments are due prior to receipt of your tickets on Saturday, October 5, 2019. Payments should be made by check payable to the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and mailed to the Office for Evangelization.How do I get my tickets? Can I make exchanges?
Tickets are not mailed to each parish. Instead, the on-site coordinator will need to pick-up all the tickets for his/her parish near ticket sales which is prior to the turn-styles to enter the park. Ticket pick-up will be available from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Any tickets not picked up by 12:00 noon will be turned into the Busch Gardens Will Call office.
We will not release tickets to individual members of your parish without prior authorization in writing from the parish youth coordinator OR on-site coordinator.
If you arrive on-site and have additional tickets that you do not need, we will attempt to sell them to other parishes as they arrive. Your tickets will be sold prior to our Diocesan supply of extra tickets. We cannot guarantee that your ticket(s) can be sold, but if it is sold, you will be reimbursed the full cost of the ticket option you purchased. If your ticket(s) cannot be resold, the parish will still responsible for the full cost of the ticket(s).